Imagine a 21st-century Woodstock. What groups would be acting there? I know for sure one that would be in the line-up: Tame Impala.
Tame Impala is a psychedelic rock band from Perth, Australia. They have just released their second album under the name Lonerism (I like when people make up new words, I do it sometimes as well) and it is full of fresh and dreamy songs.
And I love dreaming. So, I lie down in my bed, put Lonerism on and say “Ok, let’s dream”. The first song starts and…
- And I know that I gotta be above it now
And I know that I can’t let them bring me down
And I gotta bite my tongue as a face in the crowd
And I know that I gotta be above it now -
I open my eyes. “Fuck. What a declaration of principles, powerful words repeating over and over again”. Ssshh, continue.
- Well, am I’m getting closer? Will I ever get there? Does it even matter? Do I really need it? -
“Oh my God, I’m starting to question my life”. But I let the music wrap me in and I feel happy again.
- You'll know soon, you'll know soon -
And when Feels Like We Only Go Backwards makes his entrance, I’m already dancing, swinging like a snake in my bed. Pure psychedelic and retro. Pure ecstasy for my ears. I want more.
- Well he feels like an elephant Shaking his big grey trunk for the hell of it You know that youre dreaming about being loved by him Too bad your chances are slim. -
And the Elephant hypnotized the snake. I love this song, it has a very catchy music and every melody and sound is perfectly thought. This trip is being better than Disneyland.
I hope this would have no end and I could keep dreaming. Anyway, the end is also really good. The last song just makes you whisper “wow” and reinforces what you realized with the first notes, that they are pure artists.
- I tried to get up but it was pouring down on me -